This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2021)
Fujairah International Airport
مطار الفجيرة الدولي
|Operator||Department of Civil Aviation|
|Location||Fujairah City, Emirate of Fujairah, UAE|
|Time zone||UAE Standard Time (UTC+04:00)|
|Elevation AMSL||153 ft / 47 m|
Fujairah International Airport (Arabic: مطار الفجيرة الدولي) (IATA: FJR, ICAO: OMFJ) is an international airport located 1 nautical mile (1.9 km; 1.2 mi) south of central Fujairah City. The airport has one terminal serving both passengers and cargo and is home to the Fujairah Aviation Academy.
Fujairah airport commenced operations in October 1987. The airport has since undergone major redevelopment with a memorandum of cooperation with Abu Dhabi Airports being signed in 2014 initiating a masterplan for future developments regarding both airfield infrastructure and the passenger terminal. Following recent upgrades the passenger terminal now has the capacity to handle 2 million passengers annually.
On 3 December 2022, Fujairah Airport opened new runway which is more than 3km long and a 45m wide. The improvements include widening taxiways and the runway from 45m to 60m and constructing rapid-exit taxiways allowing for more efficient operations.
Airlines and destinations
The following airlines operate regular scheduled, charter and cargo flights to and from Fujairah Airport:
|SalamAir|| Muscat |
|Aerotranscargo||Dubai–Al Maktoum, Hong Kong, Riyadh|
- United Arab Emirates AIP Archived 30 December 2013 at the Wayback Machine (login required)
- "Fujairah Aviation Academy | Aviators for the Future". fujaa.ae. Retrieved 22 June 2023.
- "Fujairah International Airport". Airport Technology. Retrieved 22 June 2023.
- "UAE airport expanding with major new runway".
- "SalamAir Adds Fujairah Service From July 2023". Aeroroutes. Retrieved 27 June 2023.
- "Home". Aerotranscargo.